GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PREMIUM SMS SERVICES
PROMOTIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1.1 Offers or statements mentioned in advertisements or on http://seaman2u.com (“Website”) are without engagement unless it is expressly stated in writing otherwise.
- 1.2 Before the subscription starts the subscriber will receive a free message with a short description of the service and the costs for each message. Thereafter, for every message received or sent a charge can incur depending on the type of message and/or billing method. On all messages sent and received the standard costs for sending texts messages, as set by the operators, may apply. The rates and billing method for using the service in a specific country can be found under FAQ the subscriber will pay for every message received, and sometimes additional costs for every sent message. Furthermore, a once-only subscription fee may be applicable.
- 1.3 On this website subscriber will find the costs for the offered subscriptions. In the case of a regular subscription, charges are debited against the subscriber’s account by the Operator; in the case of a pre-paid subscription, charges are deducted from the subscriber’s credit balance. The subscriber hereby expressly grants his or her authorization for charging, and commits to payment in full for the charges incurred as a result of the subscription to Seaman2u service. By mutual consent it is furthermore possible to arrange payment of the charges by an alternative means (for example credit card).
- 1.4 Seaman2u is at all times entitled to change any and all costs following prior announcement on the Website. Existing subscribers will receive an announcement by SMS two weeks in advance before the price change. Changes shall be deemed accepted if subscribers continue to use or subscribing to Seaman2u services after the date on which the price change is to be implemented.
- Terms & Conditions
- Upon sending the designated keyword to the dedicated short code, subscriber will receive a confirmation Message as acknowledgment of the successful registration for this service. Subsequently, the subscriber will receive a wap push with a url to the content item. The subscriber will receive a maximum of 7 weekly messages with a url depending on the operator.
- 2.1 This is an ongoing subscription, the subscriber will continue to be a registered subscriber until he/she unsubscribe.
- 2.2 The subscriber needs to be at least 18 years old. If you are not the person responsible for paying the mobile bill or under years of age, please obtain the permission of the payer of the mobile bill, parents, guardian, and employers before subscribing and/ or participating in the service. By subscribing and/or participating in the service, Seaman2u presumes that subscriber has obtained the necessary permission, consent or approval from the payer of the mobile bill, guardian or parents.
- 2.3 A subscriber can unsubscribe by sending a stop-message to the short code. For the exact details, please check the FAQ page on the website. Another way to unsubscribe is to contact our customer service, by telephone or e-mail. Always mention the mobile phone number, shortcode and keyword. The contact details can be found on the website in “Contact” page.
- How it works
- 3.1 To subscribe to the Seaman2u service, please subscribe via Internet or via SMS.
- a) Via SMS, if you come across one of the Seaman2u-promotions on Internet you can subscribe by sending an SMS with the designated keyword to a shortcode.
- b) Via Internet you can fill in your mobile phone number on the Seaman2u landing pages.
- 3.2 After subscription via SMS, Seaman2u clients will receive a confirmation message about the successful registration. Subsequently, the first url to the content would be sent. Seaman2u clients subscribed by Internet will receive a confirmation message which they first have to confirm. After a successful confirmation the first item would be sent to subscriber. (The Confirmation messages are free of charge).
- Termination of the service
- 4.1 Termination of the Seaman2u Service may take place solely as stated on the Website.
- 4.2 The Seaman2u Service is deemed to be terminated solely once the subscriber has received a confirmation message of the termination by SMS. The termination confirmation message shall incur a charge no greater than the actual cost of the message. Seaman2u may immediately terminate all Seaman2u services to subscriber if (a) the subscriber fails to pay the charges within the period stated in subscriber’s mobile phone subscription with the Operator, or (b) Seaman2u (i) has cause to believe that the subscriber acts or has acted in violation of these Terms & Conditions or the Game Terms & Conditions or (ii) is expressly requested by the Operator to do so or (c) any law, regulations, directives or governmental action renders all or any portion of the Seaman2u service is unlawful or impractical; or (d) the subscriber use of the Seaman2u service impairs or threatens to impair the integrity or functionality of the Seaman2u network in any manner.
- 4.3 Seaman2u shall accept no liability towards the subscriber and/or third parties resulting from termination or cancellation of the Seaman2u Service(s).
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PREMIUM SMS SERVICES
The following General Terms and Conditions are applicable to the products and services supplied via Short Messaging Services (hereinafter to be referred to as “SMS”), General Packet Radio Services (“GPRS”) and Third Generation Servies (“3G”), or enterprises affiliated to it, (hereinafter to be referred to as “the Provider”). The Provider is permitted to amend these General Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice. Apart from the General Terms and Conditions, any applicable and publicized rules, promotional conditions, guidelines and provisions pertaining to the services also apply to you and the Provider upon the use of the Services (as defined herein) of the Provider. All those guidelines, rules, promotional conditions and provisions will be considered an inextricable part of these General Terms and Conditions. By availing yourself to use the Services of the Provider, you agree to be bound by these General Terms and Conditions and the guidelines, rules and promotional conditions. No departures from these Terms & Conditions shall apply except with the prior express consent in writing from Seaman2u for the specific agreement.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE PROVIDER.By means of SMS, GPRS and 3G services, the Provider supplies its user’s access to a network of on-line sources, including on-line games, text messages, rich content and on-line information material which may be downloaded onto mobile telephone or whatsoever devices (“Services”). The General Terms and Conditions are at all times applicable to all new facilities including facilities which the Provider may implement as part of the Provider’s expansion, extension or improvement of the present Services, including any extension to new functions added by the Provider.
- AVAILABILITYThe Service is supplied “as is” (at the stage of development it happens to be in) and the Provider accepts no liability nor does it issue any guarantees or warranty in the event that personal configurations, information or messages are not saved, or not saved in due time, or if they are deleted or incorrectly delivered. In order to subscribe to the Service, you are required to have access to the Internet and/or a mobile communications subscription and pay any service fees associated with such access. You are required to pay all expenses incurred in creating such access. You are also responsible for seeing to the connection of any necessary equipment, including any mobile telephone or personal computer or whatever devices that may be necessary needed and are in working order and suitable for use in connection with the Service.The End-user requests the Seaman2u service(s) from Seaman2u. These will be delivered by Seaman2u and the network of the Operator to the End- user.
- PAYMENTYou have access to our on-line services free of charge. With regards to the Services and the use of it, you shall pay the amount corresponding to the applicable rates of the Provider in force at that time and according to the rates charged by your mobile operator. The charges shall be invoiced to you via your mobile operator through the mobile bill you receive from the mobile operator of your network. The Provider reserves the right to change the rates for the Service by posting details of such changes on its website.
- REGISTRATION OBLIGATION.In order to warrant safe and secure use of the Service, you guarantee the following, in addition to paying the applicable charges: (a) Your personal information (hereinafter to be referred to as the “Registered Information”) provided on the registration form is correct, true, accurate and complete and (b) You agree to ensure that the Registered Information is at all times correct, up to date, true, accurate and complete. If the Provider has a reasonable suspicion that the Registered Information does not reflect a true state of affairs, or is not accurate or complete, then the Provider is entitled to suspend or terminate your account and to withhold both current and future use of the Service, or any component of it. You yourself are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords and/or accounts issued to you by the Provider, and you are fully liable for all actions carried out involving the use of your password or account. You undertake at the end of each session to close your account (by closing yo ur browser) and to contact the Provider if you notice or suspect that unauthorized use has been made of your password or account, or that security or protection is no longer guaranteed for any other reason. The Provider cannot and will not be liable for any damage arising from your failure to observe the stipulations of this article.
- RELEASE OF PRIZES.In order to receive a prize you have won you must be registered with the Provider, in accordance with article 4 of these General Terms and Conditions. The information supplied must be valid in order to qualify for the prize. Prizes are released to users 16 years of age and older who are resident and in possession of a postal address. In the event of doubt regarding the user’s age, the Provider is at all times entitled to request a copy of a valid identity document before releasing any prize. All entitlement to prizes is forfeited if we have not received a copy of an identity document within 21 days of requesting it from you. Monetary prizes are only paid into your bank accounts with a legally recognized bank upon providing the Provider with the correct banking information. Prizes paid out by the Provider are inclusive of tax. Upon acceptance of any prize, the user authorizes this Provider to make use of his or her name for promotional activities. The Provider cannot guarantee that the prizes supplied corresp ond to the photographs displayed on the Provider’s website. If the Prizes shown on the Provider’s website are no longer available, the Provider shall be entitled to replace the prize at any time which the Provider deems fit. User should be stay with the program until the Closed date, otherwise is cannot have draw from this program. Prizes are released 90 days after the Provider has announced the winner. Any expenses, such as (but not restricted to) bank and postal charges, are borne by the winning party. Enterprises and/or legal entities and/or sponsors, employees and business partners are barred from participating. No correspondence of any kind will be entertained by the Provider regarding the results.
- INDEMNIFICATION.You undertake to indemnify the Provider and its subsidiaries, affiliated enterprises, functionaries, representatives or other partners, and employees against any demands or claims by third parties, including all reasonable costs incurred for legal assistance, which demands or claims arise from or are the consequence of any information you have sent or offered via the Service as a result of your connection with the Service, your use of the Service, or any violation committed by you of the General Terms and Conditions or rights of others.
- PROHIBITION ON RESALE OF THE SERVICE.You undertake not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell or use the Service, or any part of it, or access to the Service for commercial purposes.
- GENERAL RULES REGARDING USE AND SAVING OF INFORMATION.Regarding the use of the Service you agree to the general rules, rules of play, promotional conditions and restrictions established by the Provider. The Provider reserves the right at all times and at its own discretion, without being required to issue prior notice, to amend these general rules, rules of play, promotional conditions and restrictions. The Provider is entitled to annul accounts that have remained inactive for considerable periods of time. You agree with the arrangement whereby the Provider bears no responsibility or liability to you in the event that information sent or provided by means of the Service is not saved or is deleted in error.
- ALTERATIONS TO THE SERVICE.The Provider may at any time alter or terminate the Service, or any part of it, either temporarily or permanently. You agree that the Provider is not liable to any third party or you as a user in the event that the Service is altered, terminated or suspended.
- TERMINATION.You agree that the Provider may at its own discretion and regardless of the reasons for doing so, terminate use of the Service, destroy and remove the content and information within the Service if the Provider is of the opinion that you have not observed the General Terms and Conditions, or you have acted contrary to General Terms and Conditions, or for any other reasons. You agree that the Provider may erase or deactivate your account and all information connected with it as well as any lists or files contained in it without delay, and/or deny you all further access to the Service. In pursuance of the stipulations of these General Terms and Conditions, the Provider may also terminate your access to the Service without issuing prior notice.
- TRANSACTIONS WITH ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS.Any dealings performed between you and sponsors and/or advertisers, or any participation in promotions by sponsors and/or advertisers that have been located on the Service, including the supply and payment of goods or services, as well as all other guarantees, terms and conditions and statements issued in connection with those transactions are the exclusive concern of you and the sponsor and/or advertiser. You agree that the Provider is not liable or responsible for any damage of any nature whatever that may be the result of such transactions or the presence of those sponsors and/or advertisers on the Service.
- OWNERSHIP RIGHTS OF THE PROVIDER.You are aware and agree that the Service and software used in connection with the Service, (hereinafter to be referred to as the “Software”), contain confidential information which belongs to the Provider is protected by valid and applicable intellectual and industrial ownership rights legislation and other legislation. You are also aware and agree that copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents or other ownership rights and laws are applicable to Information published in sponsors’ advertisements or information offered to you via the Service. You undertake, either partially or wholly, not to amend, rent, rent out, borrow, lend, sell, distribute or create products derived from the Service or the Software except in the event that the Provider has given you explicit written permission to do so. The Provider hereby grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and permission to use the working code of its Software, provided you do not copy or alter any source code whatever, or create a produ ct derived from it, or carry out any reverse engineering or reverse assembly on it or in any other way attempt to find a source code (or permit third parties to do so) (except if and insofar as such acts are permitted by the provisions of any mandatory law that may be in effect), and you agree not sell, encode, sublicense, encumber with security rights or transfer in any other way any rights connected with the Software to any person or entity. You undertake not to alter the Software in any way whatever or to use any altered versions of the Software for the purpose of gaining unauthorized access to the Service or for any other reason. In gaining access to the Service, you undertake only to make use of the interface supplied for that purpose by the Provider. The Provider hereby grants you permission to make one copy only of the Information on the equipment you use for gaining access to the Service, and to use and display the copy of the Information made on that equipment for private purposes.DISCLAIMER
This is Seaman2u mobile content monthly subscription service. Once you have subscribed, you will start receiving the hottest mobile content. You will receive maximum 7 messages a week, each message minimum costing RM2.00. Each message contains a download link. Content compatible with most mobile phones, but may not be compatible with iPhone. Subscription will be active until you unsubscribe. Seaman2u is not affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by any of the listed products or retailers. All Trademarks, service marks, logos are the property of their respective owners. Additional SMS and/or WAP charges may apply. Age: 18+ only or under bill payer’s permission.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT:
- a) THE PROVIDER DOES NOT IMPLICIT OR EXPLICIT PROVIDE ANY GUARANTEES OR WARRANTY OF ANY NATURE WHATEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLICIT GUARANTEES WITH REGARD TO SALABILITY, SUITABILITY FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE AND/OR INFRINGEMENT;
- b) THE PROVIDER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (1) THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR ACQUIRED BY YOU VIA THE SERVICE MEETS YOUR EXPECTATIONS, (2) THE RESULTS ACHIEVED BY USING THE SERVICE ARE CORRECT OR RELIABLE, AND (3) ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED;
- c) YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK TO OBTAIN OR DOWNLOAD MATERIAL IN ANY WAY WHATEVER, AND THAT YOU ALONE BEAR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF INFORMATION OCCURRING AS A RESULT OF DOWNLOADING OR USING THE MATERIAL;
- d) NO GUARANTEE, WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY INCLUDED IN THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS IS APPLICABLE TO EITHER WRITTEN OR ORAL INFORMATION, HINTS OR ADVICE THAT YOU OBTAIN FROM THE PROVIDER OR VIA/FROM THE SERVICE
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.YOU AGREE THAT THE PROVIDER IS NOT LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, UNUSUAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE OR LOSSES INCLUDING FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS CONTRACTS, PROFITS, GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA HOWEVER THESE MAY ARISE OR ARISING FROM (1) THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (2) THE COSTS OF SUPPLYING REPLACEMENT GOODS AND SERVICES AS A CONSEQUENCE OF GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR ACQUIRED VIA OR FROM THE SERVICE, OR AS A CONSEQUENCE OF REPORTS RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS EFFECTED; (3) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATIONS OF YOUR MESSAGES OR INFORMATION; (4) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES ON THE SERVICE, OR (5) ANY AND ALL OTHER MATTERS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE. YOU SHALL NOT USE THE SERVICE IN ANY CASE WHERE DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PERSON, PROPERTY OR BUSINESS MAY OCCUR IF ANY ERROR OCCURS. YOU EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL RISK FOR SUCH USE.
- TRADEMARK.You agree that without prior permission from the Provider, you will not use or display in any manner whatever the trade names, trademarks, word trademarks, pictorial trademarks or logos used in connection with the Service.
- GENERAL INFORMATION.These General Terms and Conditions take the place of all previous agreements between you and the Provider. If you use any additional service, material or software from third parties, additional General Terms and Conditions may be applicable to you. European law is applicable to the relationship between you and the Provider, regardless of any provisions of applicable international law. Disputes will be submitted to your national competent court. Any failure by the Provider to exercise or invoke certain rights or stipulations laid down in the General Terms and Conditions in no way constitutes a waiver or renunciation of those rights or stipulations. If a court of competent jurisdiction is of the opinion that any stipulation in the General Terms and Conditions is not applicable, the parties nevertheless agree that the court must attempt to satisfy the wishes of the parties reflected by that stipulation, while the other stipulations of the General Terms and Conditions remain unimpaired.
- OPT-IN.The Provider will start the subscription service once the user has given permission to do so. You give the Provider permission if you text in the keyword of the service to the short number of the Provider. You will then receive a confirmation message confirming your subscription status and the service starts. In the case of a ringtone service you may be asked to text the type of phone you are using, before the service starts. If you fail to do so, you will be placed in the phones generic user group. Providers contact information will be provided to you, so that you may stop the service at any time.
- OPT-OUT.Provider gives you the possibility of interrupting the flow of information received via SMS. Generally, information received via SMS can be interrupted by sending an SMS message starting with STOP followed by a space and then the keyword i.e. your entry code. You can send this message to the short number you used for entry to the subscription.
- SECURITY AND PROTECTION.The infrastructure and programmes are constructed and protected in such a way that it can be reasonably assumed that unauthorized persons cannot gain access to any information about users. Please refer to our General Terms and Conditions regarding liability of the Provider. Acceptance of this policy means the Provider:
- may use the information or a combination of it to execute the agreement between you and Provider, and to allow you the best possible use of the Provider’s website;
- may re-use the information communicated by you on the site or via SMS;
- can inform you about offers, discounts, new developments and additional services offered by the Provider;
- may process the information in connection with the formation or maintenance of a direct relationship between the Provider and/or enterprises selected by it and you for the purpose of recruitment for commercial or charity.